The SGMS provides a space to publish job openings and career opportunities. If you have a position available in your company and want to publish it here, please read the guidelines first and then contact us. Advertisements will be removed after a maximum period of two months.
The Division of Analytical Chemistry of the Swiss Chemical Society and many MS Societies have a link to this page.
If you want to submit an unsolicited application, please follow this link to the applications page.
Der Molecular and Biomolecular Analysis Service (MoBiAS) unterstützt die Forschungsaktivitäten im Departement Chemie und Angewandte Biowissenschaften. MoBiAS bietet eine grosse Zahl von Techniken zur Analyse und Charakterisierung von organischen, anorganischen und biologischen Molekülen an, und ist mit hochwertigen Massenspektrometern, verschiedenen Open-Access MS-Instrumenten, sowie verwandten Instrumenten wie Flüssigchromatographie, Mikroanalyse und Oberflächen-Plasmonenresonanz ausgerüstet.
Wir suchen eine kommunikative Person zur Unterstützung unseres Massenspektrometrie- sowie Mikroanalysen-Teams, welche sich in einer dynamischen, universitären Arbeitsumgebung wohl fühlt, als:
Techniker oder Laborant (f/m)
- Chemie / Fachrichtung Analytik –
Ihre Aufgaben umfassen den Unterhalt und die Bedienung verschiedener analytischer Geräte, inklusive Massenspektrometrie, Unterstützung der Messung von Routine-Proben, sowie die Entwicklung neuer Analysemethoden für projektbezogene Fragestellungen. Bei Eignung und Interesse besteht die Möglichkeit, im Unterricht und Praktikum (Curriculum Analytik) an der ETHZ mitzuwirken.
Sie haben eine Lehre als Laborant/in EFZ Fachrichtung Chemie/Analytik, oder eine entsprechende Ausbildung an einer Fachhochschule erfolgreich abgeschlossen. Sie verfügen über mehrjährige praktische Berufserfahrung in einem chemischen Labor, vorteilsweise in der Analytik bzw. Bio-Analytik. Ausgewiesene Berufserfahrung in der Massenspektrometrie und/oder in der Begleitung und Einarbeitung jüngerer Angestellten ist von Vorteil aber nicht zwingend notwendig. Neben der deutschen Muttersprache beherrschen sie die englische Sprache in Wort und Schrift. Sie verfügen über eine hohe Teamfähigkeit und die notwendigen Qualifikationen, um in unterschiedlichen Wissenschaftsfeldern zu arbeiten.
Für weitere Auskünfte und Fragen steht Ihnen Dr. Bertran Rubi ( bertran(dot)rubi(at)org(dot)chem(dot)ethz(dot)ch) zur Verfügung. Zusätzliche Informationen über das Departement Chemie und Angewandte Biowissenschaften der ETH Zürich finden Sie auf unserer Homepage: www.mobias.ethz.ch.
Ihre Online-Bewerbung mit Bewerbungsschreiben, CV, Diplomen und Arbeitszeugnissen richten Sie bitte an: ETH Zürich, Hans-Peter Freitag, Human Resources, CH-8093 Zürich
[ ONLINE LINK ]
Group Leader Analytical Development & Product Chemistry
Syngenta is a leading company in agricultural chemistry helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking a Group Leader Analytical Development for our Syngenta Development Center in Münchwilen, Aargau (Switzerland). As a Group Leader you will inspire, lead and develop a group of chemists to enable innovative solutions to the customers around the world.
- You will lead, inspire and develop a group of analytical chemists providing and interpreting analytical data for the development of chemical processes, new formulations and registration of agrochemical products and their active ingredients. As well as investigating and establishing new analytical techniques in support of product research, development ®istration, supply chain operations and sales & marketing.
- You will set direction and closely partner with project and business teams of the respective indication (e.g. Research, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Procurement, other Development Functions).
- You will influence the strategy of the department, drive innovation and provide context and direction for the science/technical area
- Coaching and developing talents, collaborating across disciplines and boundaries, and self-development will be essential elements of your leadership performance
- Lead 2-3 lab teams each led by a scientist supervising 3-5 laborants/ chemists. Further direct reports can be Scientific Specialists (having no own leadership responsibility) and/or analysts to perform own projects.
- Build strong and effective teams with a good team spirit
- Maintain and improve scientific excellence in analytical sciences among group members.
- Set priorities in accordance with business needs and optimizes resource allocation within the group.
- Lead and mentor complex analytical development projects.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to achieve objectives with his/her teams
- Actively lead for performance and improvement in HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) in line with Syngenta standards
- A university degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, analytical science or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading people and/or projects in the area of analytical sciences
- Conversant with most modern analytical techniques, especially chromatography and spectroscopy
- Very good communication skills
- Good leadership skills incl. coaching and influencing competencies
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams to deliver to tight deadlines
- Enjoys to interact with cross-functional and/or international project teams
- Fluent in English and German
What we offer:
- A position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and collaborative working environment
- Well-equipped analytical laboratories and experienced colleagues
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- A focus on personal development
- An attractive benefits package
Interested? Let’s develop together the next generation Crop Protection Products and contribute to food security and sustainability in agriculture.
Susanne De Benedictis
Analytical Development Team Leader
Syngenta Crop Protection
Tel.: +41 62 868 5237
Post-doctoral Associates - Analytical Chemist in Environmental Toxicology
Dr. Robert Turesky, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, is recruiting several NIH-funded postdoctoral positions.
Position 1: A post-doctoral position is available for an experienced analytical mass spectrometrist to develop and validate biomarkers of exposures to environmental and dietary carcinogens, and their DNA adducts in cells and human tissues. The research requires derivatization chemistry for tagging biomarkers to enhance analyte detection by LC/MS or GC/MS, and mass spectrometric characterization of biomarkers in complex biological matrices. The candidate is expected to work semi-independently in LC/MS development and validation of DNA adduct biomarkers employing triple quadrupole, ion trap and high resolution MS instruments, and GC/MS to measure volatile toxicants in tobacco smoke.
A Ph.D. with research in Bioanalytical Chemistry employing LC/MS or GC/MS is required. The candidate must have a strong training in analytical chemistry and chemical derivatization and LC/MS or GC/MS experience. Hands-on-training in LC/MS of biomolecules, sample preparation and workup are required. Experiences in qualitative and quantitative analysis of biomarkers, trace-level analysis of biomolecules in vivo, and cell culture experience are preferred.
Position 2: A post-doctoral position is available for exposomic and metabolomic studies on chemicals in the environment and diet that contribute to bladder and prostate cancer. We are seeking a bioanalytical mass spectrometrist with experience in metabolomics and chemometrics to define non-genotoxic mechanisms that chemicals in tobacco smoke and cooked meat diet impact bladder and prostate cell homeostatis
A Ph.D. with research in Bioanalytical Chemistry employing LC/MS with exposomics and metabolomics approaches, and data analysis with chemometrics are required for this postion. Training in cell culture work is preferred.
Interested individuals must apply online by going to https://www.umn.edu/ohr/employment and searching for job opening 328946. Please upload a cover letter, CV and contact information for references.
The University of Minnesota is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Syngenta is a leading company in agricultural chemistry helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life.
We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
Mass Spectrometry Specialist Small Molecules in Analytical Development
Vacancy Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Location: Switzerland – Münchwilen, Aargau (25 km East of Basel)
In our global Analytical Development function you will be given an exciting opportunity to provide expertise in solving demanding structure elucidations to enable our R&D function to build an understanding of chemical reactions, degradation pathways and the chemical profile of our products.
Within our laboratory you will:
- Design and implement MS analytical strategies to suit the needs of current product development projects
- Use state-of-the-art high resolution mass spectrometry and the latest software technology to solve challenging analytical questions
- Interpret MS data to perform structure elucidations of unknown compound in reaction masses, technical grade active ingredients and final products
- Advise on, and perform appropriate analytical experiments required to answer structure elucidation questions
- Integrate data from multiple sources, and advise users of its implications
- Contribute input to project teams & interpret results for use by project teams
- Develop and apply a variety of quantitative methodologies
- Independently identify experimental techniques and develop methods to meet project objectives
- Keep abreast of technological advances in mass spectrometry, chromatography, data processing and informatics systems.
- Work flexibly within the team to maintain instruments, propose and implement improvements to optimize the capability and capacity of our systems
- Strong theoretical understanding of MS of small molecules and ideally several years practical experience optimizing instrumental performance in an industrial or postgraduate environment
- Established knowledge of the acquisition and interpretation of MS data of challenging small molecules
- An understanding of chemical structures is essential and a grasp of synthetic chemistry mechanisms is imperative
- Strong desire and ability to learn/develop new skills and maintain current awareness of spectroscopic science
- Ability to work as part of a team to integrate data from multiple sources to solve demanding structural challenges
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines, prioritize between different work demands and being result oriented
- Good communication skills
- Excellent command of English and German (local language: German, contacts within Syngenta network and to external partners: English)
- Team player; flexible to work with different cultures and backgrounds
- At least 5 years work experience in the application of mass spectrometry to the determination of small molecule chemical structures
- MSc university degree or Fachhochschulabschluss or Chemielaborant Ausbildung with relevant work experience
- Knowledge and experience of liquid chromatography and LC-MS method development
What we offer:
- A position which has the potential to contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating and international environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Flat hierarchy and an open and collaborative working environment
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- An attractive benefits package
- Good opportunities for personal development and career progression
- Well-equipped analytical laboratories
Interested? We are looking forward for your application in English or German ! Direct Link: https://syngenta.taleo.net/careersection/switzerland/jobdetail.ftl?job=18005699&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00
Guidelines for job submission
- Documents will be published / integrated free of charge on this page.
- We can only accept electronic submission. Please send a plain formatted text file and a company / institute logo.
- Be precise, but concise. State clearly who you are, where the job will be located and what you are looking for.
- Include the full name of the contact person with a complete address (both postal and email).
- The SGMS reserves the right to refuse publication.
- Please inform us immediately when your job posting is no longer valid. Postings will be removed after 2 months.
- We would appreciate feedback on how many applicants found you through advertisement on this site.