The SGMS provides a space to publish job openings and career opportunities. If you have a position available in your company and want to publish it here, please read the guidelines first and then contact us. Advertisements will be removed after a maximum period of two months.
The Division of Analytical Chemistry of the Swiss Chemical Society and many MS Societies have a link to this page.
If you want to submit an unsolicited application, please follow this link to the applications page.
Metabolomics Senior Scientist (80-100%*)
200+ products in development for nine different disease areas! We are here to serve people affected by diseases, their caregivers and communities. By reimagining medicine, at Novartis we will continue to transform the lives of millions. This is our purpose, driven by a strong sense of curiosity and urgency, which every day inspires and challenges us to never give up.
Our Analytical Sciences and Imaging team is ‘measuring the unmeasurable’ by reimagining analytical technologies to enable break-through therapeutic innovation in drug discovery. For our global Metabolomics team, we are seeking a Metabolomics Senior Scientist with experience in mass spectrometry as applied to targeted quantitative analysis and profiling of endogenous metabolites, and with a passion for applying analytical expertise to solve challenging biological questions in support of our innovative drug discovery efforts.
What you’ll be doing:
Here you will work in a highly collaborative, matrix team environment, performing LC/MS based metabolomics experiments to answer key scientific questions with multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- In collaboration with project partners and your supervisor, design and execute experiments from sample preparation to LC/MS and data analysis and interpretation toward addressing the project’s key scientific questions.
- Present key outcomes of the experiments to supervisor and project partners, and agree and plan follow-up steps to further advance the project.
- With the support of your supervisor, assess and initiate new project collaborations where analytical technologies can contribute to answering key scientific questions and advancing the projects with decision-making data, particularly in the area of providing metabolism-based pharmacodynamic read-outs, translatable biomarkers and understanding of disease mode of action.
- Assess and implement new analytical approaches, developed either in house or externally, to augment the group’s technology portfolio and expand its abilities to elucidate the role of metabolism in diseases.
- Mentor junior associates to develop laboratory and project execution skills and share your experience broadly throughout the NIBR analytical science network.
What you will bring to the role:
- Doctoral Degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech or post-doctoral studies in an appropriate field OR Master’s Degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or related field with 10+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech
- Extensive experience in biological mass spectrometry and metabolomics including, but not limited to the following key areas: quantitative targeted/multi-targeted mass spectrometry of endogenous metabolites and peptides; metabolic profiling of samples originating from complex biological matrices and statistical data analysis
- Extensive experience in sample preparation and extraction protocols from different cells, tissues and biofluids of animal and human origin to generate material for mass spectrometric analysis of endogenous metabolites
- Demonstrated track record of publication in peer reviewed scientific journals
- Demonstrated ability to translate biologist’s/project team’s scientific questions into analytical strategies and methods
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
*Some restrictions on flexible working options may apply and will be discussed during interview if applicable.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network.
Apply through company career homepage
Celerion Switzerland AG is part of the global Celerion Inc. With our European GLP-certified bioanalytical facility located in Fehraltorf / Zürich, as a contract research organization (CRO) we are supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries during the development of new drugs and products.
Due to the continued expansion of our successful bioanalytical laboratory we are looking for a
(Senior) LC-MS Instrument Responsible 100%
- Run and maintain LC-MS instruments as part of our LC-MS team in a GLP-certified bioanalytical laboratory
- Troubleshoot LC-MS instrument issues which may arise and, where necessary, arrange visits of external service engineers to ensure instrument down-time is minimized
- Perform and document mass spectrometer calibrations
- Co-ordinate preventative maintenance of mass spectrometers and liquid chromatography systems by observing the maintenance schedule
- Train new and existing employees in proper instrumentation use and assist the lab personal in performing challenging work
- Work in accordance with GLP and site requirements
- Evaluation of new equipment
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree or equivalent in science related field (chemistry, biochemistry or a related subject) or lab technician with 3 – 5 year work experience
- 3-5 years of Mass Spectrometry and/or HPLC experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least good skills in German
- Excellent IT skills; Experience with SCIEX Analyst software is an advantage
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment, reliability and flexibility to provide superior service for our clients
- Previous experience as a Service Engineer in the field of LC-MS is an advantage
- Responsible role within a dynamic team
- Comprehensive training into your role and responsibilities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects in a state-of-the-art equipped laboratory
Do you have any questions? Do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager Iris Rüttimann by mail or phone +41 (0)43 355 76 76.
We would like to get to know you! Please send your complete application by post, email or directly on https://www.celerion.com/careers
Celerion Switzerland AG
Guidelines for job submission
- Documents will be published / integrated free of charge on this page.
- We can only accept electronic submission. Please send a plain formatted text file and a company / institute logo.
- Be precise, but concise. State clearly who you are, where the job will be located and what you are looking for.
- Include the full name of the contact person with a complete address (both postal and email).
- The SGMS reserves the right to refuse publication.
- Please inform us immediately when your job posting is no longer valid. Postings will be removed after 2 months.
- We would appreciate feedback on how many applicants found you through advertisement on this site.