The SGMS provides a space to publish job openings and career opportunities. If you have a position available in your company and want to publish it here, please read the guidelines first and then contact us. Advertisements will be removed after a maximum period of two months.
The Division of Analytical Chemistry of the Swiss Chemical Society and many MS Societies have a link to this page.
If you want to submit an unsolicited application, please follow this link to the applications page.
Celerion Switzerland AG is part of the global Celerion Inc. With our European GLP-certified bioanalytical facility located in Fehraltorf / Zürich, as a contract research organization (CRO) we are supporting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries during the development of new drugs and products.
Due to the continued expansion of our successful bioanalytical laboratory we are looking for a
(Senior) LC-MS Instrument Responsible 100%
- Run and maintain LC-MS instruments as part of our LC-MS team in a GLP-certified bioanalytical laboratory
- Troubleshoot LC-MS instrument issues which may arise and, where necessary, arrange visits of external service engineers to ensure instrument down-time is minimized
- Perform and document mass spectrometer calibrations
- Co-ordinate preventative maintenance of mass spectrometers and liquid chromatography systems by observing the maintenance schedule
- Train new and existing employees in proper instrumentation use and assist the lab personal in performing challenging work
- Work in accordance with GLP and site requirements
- Evaluation of new equipment and technologies, co-development of new methods
- Education as a lab technician with 3 – 5 year work experience or Master’s or Bachelor's degree in a science related field (chemistry, biochemistry or a related subject)
- 3 – 5 years of Mass Spectrometry and/or HPLC experience required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and at least good skills in German
- Technical skills and excellent IT skills; Experience with SCIEX Analyst software is an advantage
- Strong ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of self-motivation, commitment, reliability and flexibility to provide superior service for our clients
- Previous experience as a Service Engineer in the field of LC-MS is an advantage
- Responsible role within a dynamic team
- Comprehensive training into your role and responsibilities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects in a state-of-the-art equipped laboratory
Do you have any questions? Do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager Iris Rüttimann by mail or phone +41 (0)43 355 76 76.
We would like to get to know you! Please send your complete application by email, post or directly on https://www.celerion.com/careers
Die CTC Analytics AG (www.ctc.ch) ist ein international tätiges Schweizer Technologie-Unternehmen in der Laborautomation mit rund 90 Mitarbeitenden. Das Unternehmen ist seit mehr als 30 Jahren führend auf dem Gebiet der automatisierten Probenvorbereitung für die Gas- und Flüssigchromatografie (www.palsystem.com)
Die Produkte werden weltweit in den Analyselabors der Bereiche Life Science, Nahrungsmittel, Umweltanalytik, chemische Industrie und in der Forschung eingesetzt. Für die neue Produktelinie PAL System Consumables welche in das PAL System integriert ist, suchen wir zur Verstärkung unserer Teams in Zwingen BL wir eine/n
Analytical Support Specialist (100%) m/w
PAL Autosampler System Consumables
- Mitarbeit im Kundendienst Team inklusive Beantwortung und zeitgerechte Bearbeitung von allen Supportanfragen
- Unterstützung des globalen Service und Support Teams für unsere OEM und VAR Kunden mit Schwerpunkt Consumables für PAL Autosampler
- Analytischer und technischer Support für PAL System Autosampler und Consumables für unsere Kunden weltweit
- Durchführen von systematischen Analyse Experimenten zum Aufbau einer Wissensdatenbank für die PAL System Consumables und ihrer Anwendung
- Unterstützung des Verkaufsteams bei der Auswahl und Empfehlung von Consumables
- Erstellen von Kunden Schulungsunterlagen (Inhalt und Format) mit Schwerpunkt Consumables und Nutzung der Schulungen auf digitalen Medien (Web, Social Media, E-Learning, etc.)
- Durchführen von Produkte- und Supportschulungen bei CTC Analytics, virtuell und bei Bedarf vor Ort bei unseren Kunden in Europa
- Durchführen von Kundenbefragungen (Voice of Customer) zum Prozess der kontinuierlichen Produktverbesserung der PAL System Consumables
- Zusammenarbeit mit den Produktspezialisten mit Schwerpunkt auf die produktbegleitende Dokumentation
- Ausbildung als Chemielaborant oder Chemiker mit Schwerpunkt Analytik.
- Praktische Erfahrung im Bereich analytischer Chemie, speziell im Bereich Chromatographie und im Umgang und der Bedienung von Chromatographie-Datensystemen
- Erfahrung im Kundensupport von Vorteil
- Erfahrung mit GC-MS und/oder LC-MS wünschenswert
- Fliessende Kommunikation in Deutsch und Englisch
- Sicher im Umgang mit neuen digitalen Medien
- Proaktive Kommunikation und professionell im Umgang mit Kunden
- Integer, belastbar, teamfähig
Eine interessante, abwechslungsreiche und teamorientierte Arbeit in einem dynamischen Umfeld mit interessanten Zukunftsperspektiven. Die moderne Infrastruktur unterstützt Sie bei Ihren Aufgaben. Senden Sie bitte Ihre vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen, vorzugsweise per E-Mail, an unsere HR Leiterin:
CTC Analytics AG, Nicole Schmutz, Human Resources Manager
Industriestrasse 20, 4222 Zwingen, nschmutz(at)ctc(dot)ch Tel. +41 (0)61 765 81 21
Product Sales Specialist Mass Spectrometry Solutions
Waters, the world's leading specialty measurement company that cares about inclusion and diversity is seeking for an Product Sales Specialist Mass Spectrometry Solutions to support the very successful growth of our businesses across the French speaking part of Switzerland. Waters deliver benefits through innovation and people that enable customer success in the life, materials and food sciences. Our talented field sales/service and specialist teams have over the years delivered great and sustainable business results. With a constant focus on growth and by developing new markets we are able to increase the business even within very challenging economic circumstances.
As Product Sales Specialist Mass Spectrometry Solutions, you are an ambassador of Waters and will bring to the market Waters’ products and services. The candidate will demonstrate a clear grasp of understanding the customers’ business and its growth plans and is able to take that knowledge and convert that into a solution and offering from Waters, with a primary aim of bringing “customer success”. This position brings a great degree of flexibility working in the field. The role will be designated to either a territory and/or markets.
- Preparing business plans, territory plans, reports, tender documents and relevant product solution documents for customers for the French speaking part of Switzerland;
- Supporting your sales colleagues with your expertise in mass spectrometry;
- Maintain and expand customer relations in the field of mass spectrometry;
- Maintain and expand the clinical business in the given territory;
- Planning, and executing the customer demonstrations with collaboration of the demo lab specialists;
- Collaborating, liaising and providing guidance and support across departments to ensure customer success. You will be working closely with all other groups at Waters (e.g. Instrument Sales, Chemistry Operation and Informatics etc.);
- Planning and prioritising personal time and sales activities;
- Managing the product mix and pricing to meet desired targets;
- Adhering to Waters and customers relevant Health, Safety and Environment requirements when on site and as an individual employee;
- Using and updating the CRM on a daily basis to ensure accurate forecasting;
- Participating in additional Sales related projects and activities as designated by management.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Science;
- Technical knowledge and practical solution selling experience in mass spectrometry
- Experience in a laboratory, with a background in chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Exposure within relevant field/industry
- Clinical background or knowhow is seen as an advantage
- Highly passionate individual with charisma, perseverance and determination, plus the ability to work effectively in competitive sales situations
- Customer focussed with very good listening skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex technical issues
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive sense of humour and is able to contributing as part of an integrated sales/service organisation
- Good priority setting and organisational skills
- Knowledge of computers and the use of standard Windows based packages
- Proficient English and French Language Skills
- A clean driving license and a valid passport will be required
- This territory-based position with travelling within your designated territory, and occasional travels to other countries for activities such as governance of department, local business support, meetings and training.
- A disclosure of any criminal convictions may be required as some of our customers work in sensitive and confidential government areas.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Scientific Associate, LCMS proteomics and metabolomics
Department: Biology Technologies
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Scientific Associate for the Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory within Idorsia’s Translational Biomarker Group (TBG). The TBG supports Idorsia’s drug discovery and development projects across the pipeline by providing molecular data on drug and disease mechanisms that support clinical translation. The studies performed will include cellular and animal models, as well as clinical samples. The Proteomics and Metabolomics Laboratory is equipped with three state of the art mass spectrometers and provides high-quality data to project teams on both endogenous metabolites and proteins. The lab works in close collaboration with other labs in the TBG to obtain an integrated view of drug and disease mechanisms.
In this laboratory focused role, the Scientific Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparation of a variety of different biological matrix sample types for quantitative LCMS proteomic and metabolite experiments.
- Development and implementation of new protein and metabolite analysis workflows, including both sample preparation and targeted MS methodology.
- Bioanalytical study design, in collaboration with Scientists.
- Operation and maintenance of triple quadrupole and Orbitrap LC-MS/MS systems.
- Analysis of targeted quantitative LCMS datasets.
- Proactive trouble shooting of experiments and instruments.
- Keeping a detailed and meticulous electronic lab journal.
- Actively contributing to the smooth running of the laboratory.
- Presenting data in Translational Biomarker team meetings.
- Bachelor or Master degree (University or Fachhochschule) in biochemistry, biotechnology, or appropriate related discipline.
- At least 3 years relevant bioanalytical laboratory experience in proteomics and/or metabolomics, with a preference for candidates with an interest in both.
- Knowledge and experience of protein chemistry and/ or metabolite extraction laboratory techniques including some of the following tryptic digest, immunoprecipitation, phosphopeptide extraction, SPE and LLE.
- Well organized and proficient at running complex multi-step experiments with 100s of samples.
- Understanding of experimental design and basic statistical knowledge.
- Experience with the operation of triple quadrupole and/or Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
- Experience with HPLC and/or nanoLC.
- Experience with quantitative analysis of mass spectrometry experiments with dedicated software.
- Experience with bioanalytical assay validation preferred.
- Team player, at ease interacting in a multicultural environment.
- Proficient in the English language. German and/or French would be an advantage.
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
Please apply directly trough our career portal on our homepage and search for the Job ID 2089 to apply.
Solvias is an internationally recognized provider of integrated solutions in contract analytical research, development and manufacturing. The company offers a broad spectrum of services and solutions in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device, Cell&Gene Therapy and Cosmetic industries. With headquarters near Basel, Switzerland, over 500 highly qualified employees take pride in putting science at the heart of serving customers to bring safer and better products to market faster.
In order to strengthen the skills of our successful team of scientists and laboratory technicians, we are looking for a dedicated analytical chemist with profound knowledge in LC/MS analysis of small molecules.
The team will work in a GMP-regulated environment, mainly with Accurate Mass High
Resolution LC/MS systems, in the cutting-edge field of quantitative analysis of genotoxic impurities (including nitrosamines).
The position is suitable for a committed team player who wants to use and expand his skills in a diversified field of application and is willing to take on responsibility.
Chemist Accurate Mass High Resolution LC/MS
- Method development and validation in the field of LCMS quantification of small molecules such as quantitative trace analysis of nitrosamine impurities in pharmaceutical products
- Expansion and optimization of existing techniques, e.g. in the areas of automated sample preparation, simplification of data evaluation for validations of quantitative LCMS methods
- Knowledge and assurance of GMP-compliant documentation of the results obtained (Chromeleon 7.2, LIMS or paper)
- Experienced chemist with university/FH degree (Master), possibly with doctorate, with very good knowledge in instrumental analysis
- Reliable and precise, as required in a GMP-regulated environment
- Professional experience in a GMP-regulated environment as well as management experience is an advantage
- Experience with LC/MS data evaluation in a CDS, ideally Chromeleon 7.2, desirable
- Very good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written) is required
Our employees are very close to our hearts. Each individual can make a difference and develop both professionally and personally. Does this appeal to you? We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Tel. +41 61 845 60 00
Guidelines for job submission
- Documents will be published / integrated free of charge on this page.
- We can only accept electronic submission. Please send a plain formatted text file and a company / institute logo.
- Be precise, but concise. State clearly who you are, where the job will be located and what you are looking for.
- Include the full name of the contact person with a complete address (both postal and email).
- The SGMS reserves the right to refuse publication.
- Please inform us immediately when your job posting is no longer valid. Postings will be removed after 2 months.
- We would appreciate feedback on how many applicants found you through advertisement on this site.